A World Leader in Copper Tubing
Olin Brass Fineweld® Tube is a business unit of Olin Brass, and a world leader in its own right. Developed in Olin Brass Metals Research Laboratory, Fineweld Tube was initially commercialized in 1968 and quickly rose to a dominant market position in high-frequency welded copper alloy tubing.
Today, we specialize in tubing products manufactured from copper-nickel alloys designed for heat transfer and other applications that demand superior surface quality. We serve public and private customers in a wide range of markets, including power utility, desalination, air conditioning and refrigeration, architectural hardware, plumbing and plumbing products, and redraw.
Fineweld Tube manufactures welded copper alloy tubing from flat-rolled strip via the high frequency induced current method, also known as the “forge-welded process.” This process involves heating the strip edges to a plastic state, then forging them together to create a metallurgically sound weld. No filler metals are used.
- C12200 Phosphorus Deoxidized Copper
- C19400 Copper-Iron Alloy
- C22000 Commercial Bronze
- C23000 Red Brass
- C24000 Low Brass
- C26000 Cartridge Brass
- C26800 Yellow Brass
- C27200 Yellow Brass
- C44300 Arsenical Admiralty Brass
- C51000 Phosphor Bronze, 5%
- C51100 Phosphor Bronze, 4%
- C52100 Phosphor Bronze, 8%
- C68700 Arsenical Aluminum Brass
- C70600 90-10 Copper-Nickel
- C71000 80-20 Copper-Nickel
- C71500 70-30 Copper-Nickel
- C72200 85-15 Copper-Nickel (chromium modified)
- C75200 Nickel-Silver
Fineweld® Tube also offers antimicrobial tube made with EPA-registered CuVerro® bactericidal copper alloys. Contact us or visit www.cuverro.com for more information.
- Outside Diameter: From 1/2″ to 2-3/8” (12.7mm to 60.3mm)
- Wall Thickness: From 0.018” to 0.125” (0.46mm to 3.17mm)
- Straight Lengths: From 4 inches to 80 feet (101.6mm to 24.4m)
Large Diameter Bunch Coils:
- Continuous coils up to 1400 pounds or 2800 feet
- Coil diameter – approximately 84”
- Tube diameters available – 0.875”, 1.000”, 1.125” and 1.250”
Level Wound Coils:
- Coil diameter – approximately 36”
- Tube diameters available – 0.500” and 0.625”
In addition to round tube, Fineweld® Tube can produce a variety of shapes including rectangular, square, D-shaped, oval, etc.
- Standard: Mill Quality
- Surface Critical: Suitable for buffing and plating
- Polish: Choice of Polished, Polished and Lacquered, or Satin-Finished. Contact us for information on other finishes.
- Patterned: Diamond pattern pictured below; contact us for information on other embossed finishes.
- ASTM B543 / ASME SB-543 Welded Copper and Copper-Alloy Heat Exchanger Tube (welded equivalent to ASTM B111 / ASME SB-111 for seamless tube)
- ASTM B552 Seamless and Welded Copper-Nickel Tubes for Water Desalting Plants
- ASTM B587 / ASME SB-587 Welded Brass Tube
- ASTM B956 / ASME SB-956 Welded Copper and Copper-Alloy Condenser and Heat Exchanger Tubes with Integral Fins
For Fineweld Tube, success depends upon our ability to manufacture product to the precise specifications of each customer. To that end, we offer a number of specialized services that allow us to custom tailor your order to your needs, including cut-to-length, coils, shape variations, and patterned or finished tube options.
We can also design customized inventory management programs to meet your operational requirements while minimizing inventory and maximizing cash flow.
Fineweld Tube follows a strict process with every order and customer.
- Verify Order and Product Need
- Quality Assurance
- Research and Test
- Quality Inspection
- Scheduling and Delivery
- Customer Follow up
Fineweld Tube focus is on Ease of Use
- Order Control Environment
- Walk Through Process
- Quality Control