A hollow product of round or any other cross-section, having a continuous periphery.
1) Composite Tube - A finished tube consisting of two different metal tubes mechanically bonded together by drawing one inside the other.
2) Condenser Tube - See Heat Exchanger Tube.
3) Copper Drainage Tube (DWV) - Seamless copper tube conforming to the particular dimensions commercially known as Copper Drainage Tube (DWV). It is intended for above ground use only, for soil, waste, vent, and other non-pressure applications.
4) Copper Service Tube - Bendable copper water tube for underground water services. See Copper Water Tube.
5) Copper Water Tube - Seamless copper tube conforming to the particular dimensions commercially known as Copper Water Tube and designated as Types "K", "L", and "M".
6) Embossed Tube - Tube, the outside surface of which has been ornamented by means of rolling with a design in relief, regularly repeated in a longitudinal direction.
7) Finnned Tube - Tube having a series of metallic ribs on the outside of inside surface either parallel to the longitudinal axis or circumferentially extended from the tube to increase the effective surface area for heat transfer applications. The fins may be mechanically applied, drawn, or integrally extruded from the tube wall.
8) Fluted Tube - Tube of nominally uniform wall thickness, having regular longitudinal concave corrugations with sharp cusps between corrugations.
9) Fluted Outside and Plain Inside Tube - Tube having fluted outside periphery and plain inside periphery.
10) Heat Exchanger Tube - Tube manufactured to special requirements as to dimensional tolerances, finish, and temper for use in condensers and other heat exchangers.
11) Lock Seam Tube - Tube made from sheet or strip, with a longitudinal, mechanically locked seam.
12) Open Seam Tube - A shape, other than extruded shape, of generally tubular form of nominally uniform wall thickness but having a longitudinal unjoined seam or gap of width not greater than 25% of the outside diameter or greater overall dimension.
13) Reeded Outside - Plain Inside Tube - Tube having reeded outside periphery and plain inside periphery.
14) Reeded Tube - Tube of nominally uniform wall thickness having regular longitudinal convex corrugations, either with rounded or sharp cusps between corrugations. See Figure 14.
15) Roped Tube - Tube of nominally uniform wall thickness, having the appearance of stranded rope.
16) Seamless Tube - Tube produced with a continuous periphery at all stages of the operation, in contrast to "brazed", "welded", "open seam", and "lock seam" tube.
17) Twisted Tube - Tube of symmetrical cross-section other than round having nominally uniform wall thickness and which has been twisted.
18) Welded Tube - Tube made from sheet or strip, with a longitudinal welded joint.