1) Mill Lengths - Certain uniform lengths subject to established tolerances with short lengths included according to established schedule.
2) Multiple Lengths - Lengths of integral multiples of a base length, with suitable allowance for cutting if and as specified. Several different multiples of the base length may be included in any lot, at the mills' discretion.
3) Specified Lengths - Indicated uniform lengths, subject to established length tolerances; ie. 12'-0", 9'-7", or 0'-4 1/2" are specific lengths.
4) Specific Lengths with Ends - Indicated uniform lengths of 6' or over, subject to established length tolerances and with ends included according to established length schedules; ie. 10'-0" with ends or 6'-5" with ends.
5) Standard Lengths - Standard lengths are lengths which have been recommended in a Simplified Practice Recommendation or established as a Commercial Standard by the National Bureau of Standards, United States Department of Commerce as standards for certain products.
6) Stock Lengths - Normally certain uniform lengths subject to established tolerances (including Standard Lengths) actually carried in mill and warehouse stocks. The normal length actually carried will vary considerably with the product, alloy, size, mill source, and warehouse location.
7) Stock Lengths with Ends - In some products and sizes it is customary to include with stock lengths the end pieces resulting from cutting, according to established length schedules.