SCHAUMBURG, IL – Global Brass and Copper, Inc (GBC) announced today the restructuring of its Olin Brass and A. J. Oster commercial organizations to better serve customer needs from each of its value-added business units.
This restructuring will result in a move away from the existing centralized sales structure in order to create dedicated commercial teams for each specific business unit. The Olin Brass commercial organization will be segmented as follows:
• Mill Products, which includes the industry-leading copper and copper-alloy sheet and strip operations in East Alton, Illinois, and Bryan Metals, the specialty reroll facility in Bryan, Ohio;
• Fabricated Products, which includes the custom stamping operations in East Alton, Illinois, and Fineweld Tube, the specialty copper-alloy tube mill in Cuba, Missouri; and
• Somers Thin Strip in Waterbury, Connecticut, a premier reroller of light gauge and ultra-thin foils.
The A.J. Oster commercial organization will be divided into regions that specifically support the individual service center divisions, including:
• A.J. Oster East, Warwick, Rhode Island
• A.J. Oster Foils, Alliance, Ohio
• A.J. Oster Carol Stream, Carol Stream, Illinois
• A.J. Oster West, Yorba Linda, California
• A.J. Oster Caribe, Caguas, Puerto Rico
• Olin Brass Mexico, Queretaro, Mexico
In a joint statement on the new commercial structure, Thomas J. Werner, Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Olin Brass and William J. Ingellis, Vice President of Sales for A.J. Oster said “This restructuring will allow both Olin Brass and A. J. Oster to increase the focus on meeting customer expectations through clearer business unit alignment, enhanced supply chain management, and a more concentrated awareness of industry-specific needs in a continuously evolving market environment. We look forward to more in-depth discussions regarding these structural changes to our organization with each of our valued customers”.
About Global Brass and Copper, Inc.
Headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, Global Brass and Copper, Inc. ("GBC") is the leading manufacturer and distributor of copper and copper-alloy sheet, strip, plate, foil, rod, and fabricated components in North America and one of the largest in the world. GBC employs over 2,000 employees. It GBC Metals, LLC doing business as operates Olin Brass manufacturing facilities in East Alton, Illinois; Montpelier and Bryan, Ohio; Waterbury, Connecticut; and Cuba, Missouri; along with joint ventures in Japan and China. GBC also operates A.J. Oster, the leading North American distributor of brass and copper, strip as well as aluminum foil products. GBC and its subsidiaries sell products under the Olin Metals, Olin Brass, and Chase Brass brand names. For further information visit: www.gbcmetals.com, www.olinbrass.mainteractive-host2.com, www.ajoster.com or www.chasebrass.com.
GBC is owned by KPS Capital Partners, LP, the manager of the KPS Special Situations Funds, a family of private equity funds with over $2.6 billion of committed capital focused on constructive investing in restructurings, turnarounds and other special situations. The KPS investment strategy and portfolio companies are described in detail at the firm’s website: www.kpsfund.com.
Director, Human Resources; Olin Brass
427 N. Shamrock Street;
East Alton, IL 62024
Telephone: 618/ 258-5946
Director, Human Resources, A.J. Oster
275 West Natick Road,
Warwick, RI 02886